Led by University of Central Florida history professor Dr. Lori C. Walters, ChronoPoints is a digital initiative at UCF’s Institute for Stimulation and Training. The project utilizes laser scanners to digitally map historically significant mid-twentieth century structures.
Before its demolition in 2015, ChronoPoints digitally mapped the historic Cocoa Beach Glass Bank and rendered the information in a virtual reality game engine. The project also used the information to create a 3D-printed model of the Glass Bank.
• Dr. Lori C. Walters
• Michelle J. Adams
• Robert A. Michlowitz
• National Endowment for the Humanities
• National Science Foundation
• Florida Department of State: Division of Historical Resources
• National Center for Stimulation
• GPServ Inc.
• Leica Geosystems
• Institute for Stimulation and Trainin
• E2i Creative Studio
• College of Sciences
• College of Arts and Humanities
In the News
• Malcolm Denemark, “The Rise and Fall of Cocoa Beach’s Glass Bank,” Florida Today, (March 25, 2015).
• R. Norman Moody, “Laser Scan to Preserve Model of Glass Bank,” Florida Today, (January 6, 2015).